Our mission is to increase opportunities for people with disabilities by facilitating full and equal participation in all aspects of life within the City of Boston. This includes reducing architectural, procedural, attitudinal, and communication barriers as well as promoting equity in housing, education, employment, transportation, and civic activities.
Our office works toward compliance with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We also provide information and referral, architectural access review, and advocacy on disability issues.
Events and Initiatives
Mayor Wu Signs Ordinance Requiring Captions on Public-Facing Televisions to Increase Access for People with Disabilities
Disability Commission Annual Report for 2020 - 2021
New position created to hire American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter
Disability Commission Advisory Board
The Disability Commission Advisory Board typically meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our meetings will be held remotely for the foreseeable future.
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023
- Wednesday, March 29, 2023
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023
- Wednesday, July 19, 2023
- Wednesday, August 23, 2023
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- Wednesday, December 20, 2023
- Call to Order
- Approval of prior month's minutes
- Administrative Updates
- Chair’s Report
- Commissioner's Report – Kristen McCosh
- Upcoming Events and Announcements
- Old Business
- New Business
- New Action Items
- Public Input