The deadline to register to vote is Saturday, October 24, at 8 p.m. The early voting period for the State Election takes place from Saturday, October 17, through Friday, October 30. We're ensuring COVID-19 safety measures are in place at all polling locations. All registered voters in Massachusetts have the option to vote by mail.
Important 2020 election dates
- Saturday, October 24, at 8 p.m.: Voter registration deadline
- Saturday, October 17, through Friday, October 30: Early voting period
- Wednesday, October 28: Deadline for requesting vote-by-mail ballot
- Monday, November 2, at 12 p.m.: Deadline for in-person absentee voting
- Tuesday, November 3: State Election
Where to start
Voting reminders ahead of the September 1 State Primary
How we are ensuring health and safety at our polling locations
Guide to voting in Boston
Get information on your voting location, election results, and more.