Age Strong Commission
Our mission is to enhance your life with meaningful programs, resources, and connections so we can live and age strong in Boston together.
We have many designations. As a Commission, Council on Aging, and Area Agency on Aging, we are not new to aging. We have been doing this for more than 50 years. Age with us.
For assistance accessing resources, please make an appointment with your Age Strong Advocate.
We envision a city that embraces aging. Our mission is to enhance the lives of people 55+ with meaningful programs, resources, and connections so together we can live and age strong in Boston.
In addition to the values of our City Brand, we also emphasize a few other qualities in our work.
- Respect: We believe it is an honor to help older Bostonians, and we treat people with dignity.
- Inclusivity: Diversity in our city makes Boston better, and we pay special attention to how we can best meet the needs of all older residents.
- Patience: We take the time to listen with compassion and meet people where they are.
- Integrity: Credibility and trust is core to who we are and how we serve older Bostonians.
- Joy: Enjoying all that the City of Boston has to offer is important to us, so we promote fun at our events, in our conversations with residents, and on our teams.
Meet Our Leadership TeamLeadership
New City-Operated Senior Center Opens in East Boston