Legacy Business Support Grant
Preference will be given to nonprofit organizations who have worked with Legacy Businesses in the past. The City of Boston defines a Legacy Business as a brick and mortar business that has been in business for 10 or more years in the same location, and are considered local neighborhood institutions that have helped to shape the construct of our city.
Applications are due Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
Call for Applications
This grant will not exceed $1,050,000 and is expected to be used to support at least 35 businesses located in the City of Boston that meet the qualification of a legacy business. Preference will be given to applicants whose program plans include:
- Cohort model high-quality technical assistance geared toward helping the business owners stabilize and grow their business
- Compassionate financial support
- Mentorship and networking opportunities from peer business owners
To comply with reporting requirements for this program, the nonprofit will be required to:
- Report list of businesses served by grant
- Document plans for business technical assistance
- Report outcomes and forward outputs of technical assistance provided
- Report hours of technical support provided to each business grantee
- Submit proposed budget and actual uses of any grants disbursed