Economic Opportunity and Inclusion
To make Boston a global model of economic equity for working people, entrepreneurs, businesses, and investors.
Implementing sustainable practices that repair economic harm and help build generational wealth, fostering local talent and innovative ideas, creating thriving and healthy neighborhoods, establishing equitable procurement strategies, and strengthening the partnership between the City and local organizations.
To enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of government, the quality of life for all Bostonians, and the experience of all visitors.
1 City Hall Square
Boston, MA 02201
Office hoursMonday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Scheduling a Meeting or Event with Chief Idowu
If would like to schedule a meeting, event, or media appearance with Chief Idowu, please fill out this scheduling form.
Media and Press Inquiries
The Mayor’s Office of Economic Opportunity and Inclusion has compiled updates and guidance for businesses and job seekers in response to Coronavirus Disease 2019, also known as COVID-19.
Legacy Business Program to Support Iconic Businesses
City Awarded $23 Million EDA Good Jobs Challenge Grant
Celebrating National Black Business Month
Sheltered Market Pilot Program
We're designating six contracts as available exclusively for minority- and women-owned businesses.
Reports and External ResourcesResources
- Amplify Latinx
- Asian Business Empowerment Council
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts
- Black Economic Council of Massachusetts
- Boston Private Industry Council
- Boston Ujima Project
- Coalition for an Equitable Economy
- Foundation for Business Equity
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Massachusetts Business Roundtable
- Massachusetts Competitive Partnership
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
- Massachusetts LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Massachusetts Retailers Association
- Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Office
- Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
- Office of Workforce Development
- Office of Financial Empowerment
- US Chamber of Commerce
- US Small Business Administration
- Venture Cafe Foundation Boston