Summer Programs and Events at BCYF
- Programs and classes: BCYF community centers are offering programs and classes for pre-registered participants. We continue to expand the menu of offerings as we are able to in accordance with public health guidelines. Learn more about our registration guidelines.
- Meal distribution: Select BCYF locations are meal pick-up sites only. You can learn more and find a location online.
Summer 2022 Guidelines and Information
- Participants must be registered to participate in the BCYF program or class through our registration system.
- Participants in BCYF classes and programs must follow the current guidance of public health officials and BCYF-specific policies related to COVID-19. These may include wearing a face covering (covering both the nose and mouth), maintaining six feet of distance from others, and washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Participants must stay home if sick. If a child is experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congested or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), they will be placed in a separate room. If a child is sick with fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other COVID-19 symptoms, the parent should seek medical care right away.
- Participants must bring their own sports equipment or other supplies, where applicable. Review the program or class description for details.
- Due to capacity limits to enhance visitor safety, visitors must register for a swim time slot through our registration system. Walk-ins will not be allowed. Registration will go live 24 hours before the following day’s sessions and will remain open until all spots are taken or until the session is half over, whichever comes first.
- Sessions will be time-limited. Visitors are asked to register for and attend one session per day. If visitors register for more than one session per day, we reserve the right to cancel their registration if there is a waitlist of individuals looking to attend.
- Preference will be given to Boston residents.
- Restrooms (if access is required) can be accessed through a locker room.
- Three children under 12 are allowed per adult. Children under 8 need an adult in the water with them.
BCYF Courses and Classes
Water Safety at Home
BCYF Aquatic Managers Jeff and Tony want everyone to be safe in and around all bodies of water, including backyard kiddie pools. Learn about water safety for kids and parents with these activities from our friends at the American Red Cross:
BCYF G.I.R.L.S. programs focus on Growth, Intervention, Respect, Leadership, and Service for Girls.
BCYF Snap Shot Photography Program
Summer 2023 applications will be available in the spring. Learn more about the program below.
Youth ages 13-14 gain a high-quality service learning and leadership experience during July and August.
BCYF Summer PositionsBCYF Summer Positions
Be a BCYF Summer Lifeguard!
We are hiring lifeguards, pool supervisors, and head lifeguards to work at BCYF this summer. Learn more on our career center website.
Work at Camp Joy!
BCYF Camp Joy is hiring Counselors, Assistant Supervisors, Supervisors and Registered Nurses for the summer. Learn more on our career center website.