Physical Activity Learning Session (PALS)
The Office of Early Childhood is committed to high-quality early education and care for all infants, toddlers, and children under 5. Having children take part in developmental screening as early as possible is a key strategy to ensure all children are connected to the resources needed to learn and thrive.
Boston Healthy Childcare Initiative presents the Physical Activity Learning Session (PALS) training. It's open to any FCC Educator that:
- is an EEC-licensed FCC Educator, and
- operates in the City of Boston.
The training will provide FCC Educators the skills and knowledge to encourage children to become healthier and more active. Selected applicants will receive 12 hours of professional development for attending the sessions and completing the assessment and action plans.
FCC Educators will receive the following:
- A virtual professional development opportunity for Early Childhood Educators.
- A series of five workshops designed to give early childcare providers knowledge of best practices for physical activity.
The goal of PALS is to support practice and policy change in ECE programs, leading to healthier, more active children. PALS sessions combine content learning with self-assessments, resources, and action planning.
Applications are due October 16, 2023. Apply using the link below and to register with the PQ number.
- Dates in English are Wednesdays: October 25, November 15, December 6, February 14, and March 13
- Dates in Spanish are Thursdays: October 26, November 16, December 7, February 15, and March 14