Traffic Advisory for May 24 - 28, 2023
People attending these events are encouraged to walk, bike, or take public transit. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found on the website and information on the MBTA may be found online. The MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket for a faster return trip. Walking is also a great way to move around.
BACK BAY/ DOWNTOWN/ SEAPORT
Boston Police Department’s 'Run to Remember Road Race' – Sunday, May 28, 2023
The “Run to Remember Road Race” is actually two (2) races combined into one (1) event. The first race to start at 7:00 AM is a Half-Marathon, thirteen and one tone-tenths (13.1 miles) with the second race, a five (5) mile race, also starting at 7:00 AM.
Both races start at the World Trade Center on Seaport Boulevard and will follow the same route until all runners reach the Longfellow Bridge area, where the Half Marathon will run over the bridge into Cambridge, return over the same bridge and follow the same route as the five (5) mile race onto Charles Street, back to the starting location at the World Trade Center.
The actual 5 mil5-milee is as follows: Seaport Boulevard, right onto Atlantic Avenue, left onto State Street, right onto Cambridge Street, left onto Charles Street, right onto Beacon Street, left onto Arlington Street, right onto Commonwealth Avenue Outbound, left onto Berkeley Street, left onto Commonwealth Avenue Inbound, right onto Arlington Street, left onto Boylston Street, left onto Washington Street, right onto State Street, right onto Congress Street, left onto Atlantic Avenue, right onto Seaport Boulevard.
- Beacon Street, Southside (Public Garden side), from Charles Street to Arlington Street
- Cambridge Street, Southside (even side), from Court Street to Charles Circle
- Court Street, Both sides, from State Street to Cambridge Street
- Seaport Boulevard, Both sides, from B Street to Atlantic Avenue
- State Street, Both sides, from Atlantic Avenue to Court Street
Massachusetts Fallen Heroes Memorial Dedication – Thursday, May 25, 2023 & Friday, May 26, 2023
The rededication for the Massachusetts Fallen Heroes Memorial is scheduled to take place in the area of 85 Northern Avenue. The ceremony will take place from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM and will require the closing of Northern Avenue from Fan Pier Boulevard to Harbor Shore Drive. Parking restrictions will be in place on the following streets:
- Northern Avenue, Southside (District Hall side), from Fan Pier Boulevard to Harbor Shore Drive
- Northern Avenue, Northside (Waterfront Park side), from Harbor Shore Drive to Fan Pier Boulevard
- Seaport Boulevard Northside (District Hall side), from Northern Avenue to Thompson Place
Canal Street Pedestrian Way for Playoffs (Game 5)- Thursday, May 25, 2023
The Mayor’s Office will be hosting a pedestrian-only event on Canal Street so fans can gather and celebrate in a car-free environment. This event will be repeated for both the Celtics as they progress through the playoffs. Parking restrictions and street closures will occur on the following street:
- Canal Street, Both sides, from Rip Valenti Way to Causeway Street
- Last updated:
- Published by: Transportation