Budget Office Raising Awareness for FY24 Budget
Learn about the budget timeline and how to engage in the budget process.
You can register online for any of the workshops listed below. Please note: You can request communication accommodations in the registration form. We want to ensure language access in all events, so please register as soon as possible to allow us time to secure interpreters.
Other Budget Engagement Activities
Stay tuned for three short videos that show:
- How to read the budget online
- How to testify at a City Council hearing
- How to participate in the budget process
These videos are being created in partnership with the:
- Mayor’s Office of Urban Mechanics (MONUM), and
- Office of Language and Communications Access OLCA.
Moving Through The Budget
As an additional effort to educate Boston residents on how to engage in the budget process, four movement and educational workshops were held in Mid-October, two of which were fully in Spanish. The workshops were the second iteration of a pilot project managed by the Mayor’s Office of New Urban Mechanics (MONUM). At the workshops, participants:
- learned about the budget process
- practiced testimony for budget hearings, and
- moved their bodies throughout.