Become a Student Poll Worker for the Fall Municipal Election!
Are you are interested in serving your community and learning about how the rights of United States citizens are protected, including the right to choose elected officials freely and without obstruction or influence? This program will prepare you to participate in a successful Election Day as a student poll worker.
Through this experience, you will learn more about how to:
- Hold free, fair and efficient elections
- Encourage voter participation
- Uphold the laws of the City of Boston, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the United States of America
Eligibility and Requirements
- Participate in one two-hour training in either October or November (date and time to be determined)
- You MUST Register in Poll Chief
- Turn in the Parental/Family Consent Form
- Participate in Election Day operations on November 7, 2023, from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Boston Public School Student
- Resident of Boston
- 16 years old by November 7, 2023
- Students who are eligible to vote can fulfill the role of a greeter, inspector, or interpreter (if bilingual)
- Students who are not eligible to vote can fulfill the role of a greeter or interpreter (if bilingual)
- Students who are not citizens can fulfill the role of a greeter or interpreter (if bilingual)