Opportunities with OPAT
HIGH SCHOOL INTERNSHIP
OPAT is hiring for a full-time summer or a part-time school-year internship. This internship is open to any current high school students.
Please note: The OPAT high school internship is currently closed for the 2023 calendar year. This page will be updated in spring 2024 when applications reopen.
OPAT is hiring for a college internship on a rolling basis for full-time summer or a part-time school year position. This internship is open to both undergraduate and graduate students, including those enrolled at community colleges.
Please note: The OPAT college internship is currently closed for the 2023 calendar year. This page will be updated in spring 2024 when applications reopen.
Youth Advisory Council
- YAC was created in 2022 as part of OPAT's efforts to center youth in public safety discussions. YAC and its mission statement were first developed by students in the SuccessLink Summer Jobs Program.
- YAC will have twelve (12) members, aged 14 to 19. OPAT will provide the space and resources for YAC to meet and function. But, the direction of YAC is chosen by its members.
- YAC members will be able to meet with the Boston Police Commissioner. They engage with OPAT and other public safety agencies. Members also provide youth input as police reforms are developed.
how to apply
- YAC applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Interested youth can apply online by clicking the button below this text.
- Youth who are not able to independently apply online can reach out to OPAT Staff for assistance.