- On January 10, 2022, the Licensing Board issued an advisory regarding the vaccine mandate effective January 15, 2022, regarding certain indoor spaces. The advisory is supplemental to Mayor Wu's announcement on December 20, 2021 regarding these updated COVID operational changes. Read the Board's advisory. More information is available on the B Together website.
- On November 22, 2021, the Board issued an advisory regarding nightlife safety. This was due to recent news reports of an increasing number of illicit, non-consensual drugging occurring at bars, nightclubs, and other nightlife venues. Read the November 22 advisory.
- Common Victualler (CV) with no alcohol deadline has been extended until Friday, December 17, 2021. Please note: Inspectional Services is not issuing proof of payment unless inspections have been scheduled. Without proof of payment, CV licenses cannot be issued.
- Having issues contacting Inspectional Services for your Building Certificate? Refer to their contact list for the name and email of your Inspector. You may find their direct phone number online as well. Please note: The best times to schedule appointments is with your inspector is at 1010 Mass. Avenue on the 5th floor between 8 - 9 a.m. and 3 - 4 p.m.
- The City of Boston's indoor mask mandate is in effect as of August 27, 2021. Read the Licensing Board advisory.
- Outdoor dining: We have information on when outdoor dining ends and the process for applying in 2022. Check out our outdoor dining website for details.
- Stay updated: Join the Small Business Conference call every Tuesday at 3 p.m. on Zoom.
1 City Hall Square
Room 809Boston, MA 02201-2035
Office hours by AppointmentMonday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
2022 license renewals
If your licensed premise has any seats, the Inspectional Services Department (ISD) is requiring all licensees to get a valid Inspection Certificate. Invoices are mailed and emailed for the building permits two months before the expiration date.
If you need an invoice or to schedule an inspection, please contact your building inspector. There is a list online of all the inspectors' contact information, including phone and email. You may refer to this document as well for the most updated information. The best time to schedule an appointment for inspection is at 1010 Mass. Avenue (5th floor) at 8 - 9 a.m. and 3 - 4 p.m. when the inspectors are in the office.
Hearings and MeetingsHearings and Meetings
Licensing Board information
The Licensing Board grants and regulates various types of alcohol and food licenses for restaurants, nightclubs, and other establishments in Boston.Licensing Board information