Article 85 Demolition Delay
establishing a waiting period to consider alternatives to the demolition of a building of historical, architectural, cultural or urban design value to the City
providing an opportunity for the public to comment on the demolition of a particular building, and
minimizing the number and extent of building demolition where no immediate re-use of the site is planned.
WHAT BUILDINGS ARE SUBJECT TO ARTICLE 85 REVIEW?
- All buildings located in either the Downtown or Harborpark.
- All other buildings at least 50 years of age.
- All buildings located in a Neighborhood Design Overlay District.
Designated (landmarked) buildings are reviewed through a different process, either by the Boston Landmarks Commission or the appropriate local historic district commission.
Address20 City Hall Avenue Fl 3. Boston, MA 02108
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
All of our applications for the Landmarks Commission and Historic Districts are now online! Utilize our online portal to:
- Apply for Design Review
- Apply for Article 85 (Demolition Delay)
- Review past and active Demolition Delay applications
- Report a violation
- Submit a public comment
- View translated applications
Meet The StaffMeet The Staff
|Lindsey Mac Jones||9/23/2016||6/30/2019||Holdover|