The fall 2022 course of Immigrants Lead Boston is September 20 to December 16. Applications are now open. Apply by August 7.
You can also apply by printing the application and submitting it by mail or email.
MAIL: Mayor’s Office for Immigrant Advancement
ATTN: Hawa Yusuf
1 City Hall Plaza, Room 806
Boston, MA 02201
Applications will be reviewed and participants will be notified in early September.
- There is no application fee. You must be at least 18 years old and a Boston resident to apply.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of immigration status.
- Please see the "common questions" section of this website for more details.
Interested in learning more about Immigrants Lead Boston before you apply? Attend a live, virtual information session on Zoom.
- Wednesday, June 22 from 6 - 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14 from 6 - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 30 from 10 - 11 a.m.
Immigrants Lead Boston is a program by the Mayor's Office for Immigrant Advancement for Boston immigrants who wish to take more civic ownership and become leaders in the community. The program is a 12-week course for 20 selected residents. They will meet key City of Boston officials and learn how to effectively navigate local government. The goal is for these participants to become leaders in their communities. They share what they learned with others and become civically active on issues that matter to them. Ideal candidates are emerging leaders committed to advocating for their immigrant community within the local City of Boston government. Participants will receive a scholarship.