Growing the Early Childhood Workforce
Our goal is to support programs that increase the number of qualified educators, at no cost to the participant, with a:
- Child Development Associate (CDA), or
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education.
This grant application is open to institutions of higher education and educational and workforce development nonprofits. Applicants must provide coursework and degrees recognized by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC). The Office of Early Childhood will fund applicants who meet three objectives:
Increase the number of early childhood educators entering the field:
- with a Child Development Associate (CDA)
- with a lead teacher credential, or
- through an apprenticeship program.
Provide course work and wrap-around support to new and existing childhood education. This would be at no cost to participants.
Increase the number of early childhood educators who work in Boston.