We offer free learn-to-bike workshops to adult women and gender-diverse people. We help build confidence and find joy in riding a bike.
Our free learn-to-ride classes are led by women and are for any Boston resident who identifies as female or gender-diverse. Our experienced staff and volunteers will help each participant gain the skills and confidence to get on a bike and keep on rolling! Bikes and helmets are provided. Registration is required.
2022 Workshop Schedule
Taught in a parking lot, this two-hour class is for those who have never learned to ride or who want to work on basic skills. This class is perfect for women who:
- have never ridden a bike before
- haven't been on a bike for years, or
- can ride a little, but need to practice starting, stopping, turning, and hand signaling.
Offered one to two times per month
Taught in a parking lot, this 90-minute class will hep you with street-readiness skills. We will learn and practice hand signals, advanced bike handling, changing gears, and defensive riding. This class is perfect for women who:
- have been through our Basic Skills class
- are new to riding bikes on City streets, or
- want more support before exploring biking on-street.
Offered once per month
We will lead you on a 90-minute group ride to practice your street skills. The route will include off-street paths, separated bike lanes, and low-stress shared streets. This class is perfect for women who:
- have completed our Street Skills: Road readiness course
- are comfortable biking on paths but not sure about riding in the street, or
- want to build confidence riding on street.