Youth ages 13-14 gain high-quality service learning and leadership experience during July and August.
About the program
The BCYF SuperTeens Program is a six-week leadership program for 13 and 14 year olds. The 2021 program will run from July 12 - August 20.
For the 2021 season, SuperTeens will be back in person at our sites! This year, our program will focus on opportunities to enhance communication, collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving.
Youth in the SuperTeens Program will have the opportunity to:
- be mentored by BCYF staff throughout the summer
- participate in webinars and professional development workshops that will highlight employment skills
- participate in weekly in-person and virtual social and recreational activities, including field trips to museums and challenges that include design activities
- earn a stipend of $400 at the conclusion of the program, and
- engage in activities that encourage civic engagement and physical health and wellness.
- develop new skills, make new friends, and have a fun summer
- attend workshops and educational activities to prepare for success in school and in future jobs
- enjoy weekly virtual social and recreational activities, and
- receive a stipend at the end of the program if they complete all required activities and meet attendance goals.
This is a great program and we are always looking to have new, energetic teens join our team!Save the date:
Our End of Summer Celebration will be on Friday, August 20, 2021. We are returning to the LAWN on D! Our entire program is invited to this special event. We hope to be able to invite parents and special people in support of our teens. Awards and special recognitions will be presented to participants along with their stipends. BBQ lunch and ice cream desserts will be served.
The SuperTeens program is sponsored by Comcast and The Foundation for BCYF, and is generously supported by MassHousing, MCCA, NBT II Foundation, and The Boston Foundation.
- Proof of residency in City of Boston (for example, Boston Public Schools report card, landline phone, gas, cable, or electric bill.)
- Copy of your Social Security Card
- Copy of your Birth Certificate
- Completed W-9 form
- The SuperTeens Program runs for six weeks, from July 12 - August 20.
- You must be at least 13 years old and no older than 14 by the start of the program on Monday, July 12.
- You may not be working for SuccessLink/DYEE this summer.
- Participants receive a stipend at the end of the summer for the successful completion of the SuperTeens Program (at least 80% attendance).
The 2021 BCYF SuperTeens Summer Leadership Program has reached capacity. Please complete this form to join the waitlist in the event that additional slots become available. All registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis.